- RSS Channel Showcase 6750408
- RSS Channel Showcase 9667165
- RSS Channel Showcase 6804227
- RSS Channel Showcase 3752338
Articles on this Page
- 03/02/18--07:52: _Translation Worksho...
- 05/08/18--12:29: _Getting Started as ...
- 07/14/18--15:49: _Fall online courses...
- 07/31/18--15:33: _New online course: ...
- 08/28/18--15:29: _Upcoming online cou...
- 09/14/18--07:41: _Survey: 2019 online...
- 09/20/18--09:21: _Organization and pr...
- 10/04/18--08:53: _Early bird deadline...
- 11/01/18--21:27: _Marketing to Direct...
- 11/13/18--10:06: _Pinned post: 2019 c...
- 03/02/18--07:52: Translation Workshop: French to English–open for registration
- 05/08/18--12:29: Getting Started as a Freelance Translator starts Monday
- 07/14/18--15:49: Fall online courses open for registration
- 07/31/18--15:33: New online course: English to Spanish legal translation
- 09/14/18--07:41: Survey: 2019 online courses
- 09/20/18--09:21: Organization and productivity for translators: starts Monday
- 11/01/18--21:27: Marketing to Direct Clients: starts Monday
- 11/13/18--10:06: Pinned post: 2019 courses open for registration
Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my recent survey about translation technique courses. The response to that survey was overwhelmingly positive, and I’m excited to announce that the first class–Translation Workshop: French to English is open for registration. The class will run for eight weeks starting April 23, and the focus is […]
The post Translation Workshop: French to English–open for registration appeared first on Thoughts On Translation.
The next session of Getting Started as a Freelance Translator, my flagship course for aspiring and beginning translators, starts Monday. Over the past 13 years, this course has helped over 500 translators learn how to launch and run a successful freelance business; join us for four weeks of self-paced video lessons, live question and answer […]
The post Getting Started as a Freelance Translator starts Monday appeared first on Thoughts On Translation.
I’m excited to announce that my Fall 2018 lineup of online courses is open for registration. After 12 years of offering only business development classes for translators, I decided to expand my course offerings into translation technique classes, and the inaugural session of Translation Workshop: French to English ran in May and June. Thanks to […]
Earlier this year, I decided to expand my usual offering of online business classes for translators (going strong since 2006!) and begin offering translation skills development courses. The inaugural course in that vein was Translation Workshop: French to English, and–thanks to the efforts of the amazing team of instructors, including Michele Hansen, Judy Lyons, Karen […]
The post New online course: English to Spanish legal translation appeared first on Thoughts On Translation.
I have two brand-new online courses coming up in September; after 12+ years of offering business skills courses for translators, I decided earlier this year to branch out into other areas. The inaugural course in that vein, French to English translation workshop–taught by Michele Hansen, Judy Lyons, Karen Tkaczyk and Tom West–sold out and received […]
The post Upcoming online courses: English to Spanish legal translation; Organization and productivity appeared first on Thoughts On Translation.
I’m in the process of scheduling my 2019 online course lineup, and I’ve prepared a short survey to get a sense of what my readers are interested in. These are courses taught by other instructors with me facilitating the administrative portion. Assuming that each class would run for about four weeks and cost about $365, […]
Starting Monday, I’ll be facilitating a four-week online course taught by translator and productivity expert Dorothee Racette: the course is Organization and Productivity for Translators. Dorothee now runs her own consulting company–appropriately named Take Back My Day–and she’s been a tremendous help to me in my own business; I’m excited that more translators will now […]
The post Organization and productivity for translators: starts Monday appeared first on Thoughts On Translation.
Thoughts on Translation has two more online classes running in 2018. Thanks to everyone who answered my survey about 2019 classes; lots of good ideas in the pipeline! The early registration price ends tomorrow, Friday 10/5, for: German to English Translation Workshop, taught by Eve Hecht, Ted Wozniak, and Jill Sommer. This is a six-week […]
The post Early bird deadline is tomorrow: German-English workshop and Marketing to Direct Clients appeared first on Thoughts On Translation.
The next session of my online course Marketing to Direct Clients starts Monday. We have a good group signed up, and there’s room for three more people. This is a four-week class for translators in any language combination, and includes self-paced videos, live question and answer sessions, and individual feedback on four homework assignments. Registration […]
I’m excited to announce that my Winter/Spring 2019 online courses are open for registration. Ahead of this “semester,” I surveyed my subscribers and asked what you’d like to learn about. You answered, and the lineup reflects the four most popular choices, plus my flagship course for beginning translators. All courses are four weeks long, $365 […]